Sharm El Sheikh Entry Permissions & Visas | Visa Extension

Sharm El Sheikh Entry Permissions & Visas | Visa Extension

* Nationals from UK , EU and USA travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts ONLY, for a maximum of 14 DAYS, do not require a visa prior to travelling as a free entry permission stamp (Sinai Only) will be granted upon arrival. If they intend to travel outside of the above mentioned areas they MUST obtain a Visa.

* National of Belgium, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain are allowed to travel with their national ID for duration no longer than 14 days. But they must bring two new personal identical passport sized photos to be stuck on an immigration card given by the immigration office and filled out by the traveler himself before getting stamped by the Egyptian authorities. If they intend to travel outside of Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts, they can obtain the visa on the immigration card.

* Turkey passport holders can get an Egypt Visa on arrival or a free entry permission stamp (Sinai Only if they will not travel to Cairo) if they are 45 years of age and above or 18 years of age and below.

* Diplomatic passport holders should contact the Consulate for more information.

* In addition to UK and EU nationals, citizens of the following countries can obtain visa upon arrival at any of the Egyptian ports of entry:
Australia, Canada, Croatia, Georgia, Albania, Monaco, Iceland, Montenegro, Holy See, Republic of Moldova, Japan, NewZealand, Norway, Macedonia, Republic of  Korea, Russian Federation, Serbia, Ukraine and USA.

You can get a visa on arrival by payment in Sterling, US Dollars or Euros. Alternatively, you can get a visa from an Egyptian Consulate outside Egypt before you travel. You cannot pay the visa fee upon arrival with a credit or debit card so it necessary to take cash with you. It’s also best to take the exact amount to save trouble. The visa on arrival allows visitors to spend up to 30 days in Egypt from the date of entry and only allows one entry into the country. It is required a valid passport with at least six months remaining to enter.

If you have travelled to one of the South Sinai Red Sea resorts, entering without a visa and later your plans change you can normally purchase a visa at Sharm El Sheikh Airport to allow you to travel elsewhere in Egypt.

Everyone gets a grace period of 2 weeks. This is a rule applied at airports and border crossings. So everyone can overstay their visa for 2 weeks and there’s no need to go to the Passport and Immigration office for 2-week visa extensions.”

As at November 2019, the fine for overstaying an Egypt tourist visa up to 3 months is 1,515 EGP (including 15 LE for some stamps). You pay a police officer at the airport before leaving.

Please be aware that the fine amount can change at any moment and enforcement is random. We can never recommend people just pay the fine instead of extending an Egypt visa.

Business Visa

Business visa are needed for conferences, seminars, courses, schools, doctor visits, hospitals, business meetings.

Along all required documents business visa applicants must provide invitation letter from Egypt and introduction letter from the party sending them to Egypt.

Note. Applications for visa extensions should be made at Egyptian Passport and Immigration Offices. You may have difficulties leaving Egypt with an out of date visa. You will not normally be allowed to leave if the visa is out of date by more than 14 days.

* Egypt Passport and Immigration Administration in Cairo is Located in Abbasiya, Cairo.
* Egyptian Passport and Immigration Office in Sharm El Sheikh is Located inside the Police Station No. 2, Nabq bay.



A new electronic visa system is now available & implemented by the Government of Egypt. The Egypt e-Visa aims to simplify the process for visitors to Egypt to obtain the correct travel authorization. The online Egyptian visa program will not only accelerate the process for visa applications prior to travelling but also improve the system of customs and border control upon arrival in Egypt.

The e-Visa for Egypt is a single or multiple-entry visa depending on what the traveller needs. The single-entry visa allows the traveler to enter once and stay for 30 days and is valid to use for a period of 3 months. The multiple-entry visa allows multiple entries over a five-years period, as long as the number of days spent in Egypt does not exceed 90 days per every time. The Egypt e-Visa is a requirement for travellers wishing to visit Egypt for tourism purposes.

There a few basic visa requirements which travelers must to be able to obtain an Egypt e-Visa as following; 

1 - Tourists must be from one of the eligible countries. See these countries above!
2 - Tourists must have a passport with eight months remaining from the date of entry.
3 - A credit or debit card to pay the e-Visa fee.
4 - An up-to-date email address to receive the electronic visa.

For more information & details please visit Egypt Online Visa !

Sharm El Sheikh entry permission stampno-needed-enrty-visa-stamp

Back to the main topics page!